Season 3 of Internet League Blaseball began on August 3, 2020. The regular season concluded on August 7, followed by the postseason and the 3rd Internet Series on August 8. It is the second season of the Discipline Era.
Season 3 concluded with the Hades Tigers defeating the New York Millennials to win their first Internet Series championship. The election results were followed by the Grand Siesta, an extended hiatus declared by Blaseball officials.
- 1 Notable Events
- 2 Ongoing Decrees
- 3 Standings
- 4 Postseason
- 5 Election Ballot
- 6 Election Results
- 7 Incinerations
- 8 Peanut Reactions
See the main article on Peanut Plague.
Peanut Plague is the first subtitle of the Discipline Era, appearing when the Season 2 decree, Peanuts, successfully passed. This period introduced several participation elements revolving around peanuts, such as peanuts as an item type, peanuts as a weather type, and peanuts as an allergic reaction. Due to the Peanut Fraud incident (below) extremely early in Season 3, the Peanut Plague only lasted for less than one day.
See the main article on Peanut Fraud.
On Season 3 Day 2 (August 3), play was interrupted following the discovery of Peanut Fraud, in which at least one participant cheated to give themselves near-infinite peanuts and potentially causing extreme instability to Blaseball.com. Officials announced play would not resume until the peanut cheaters have "repented." Despite the fact that the offenders did not come forward, the umpires resumed play because "Blaseball is inevitable." Umpire Husky was quoted as saying: "THE BLASEBALL GODS WILL REMEMBER THIS."
See the main article on Blasphemy.
On August 3, as Peanut Fraud offenses seemingly continued unbeknownst to most fans, Blaseball.com was replaced with a rotating image of a large peanut—the first appearance of an entity now known as The Peanut. This was accompanied by the word 'BLASPHEMY' in red, as well as an ominous hidden cipher representing recently-incinerated Blaseball players. This was seen as a final stand against the perpetrators of Peanut Fraud.
Uncertainty is the second subtitle of The Discipline Era, appearing on August 3 as a direct response to the Peanut Fraud and Blasphemy incidents. The meaning of Uncertainty is uncertain. However, it seemed to reflect uncertainty from either Blaseball officials or the Blaseball Gods themselves as to the moral future of Blaseball. This period saw drastic changes to the peanut economy, as peanuts became only attainable at a price of 1 million coins.
The Grand Unslam
See the main article on The Grand Unslam.
During a regular game between the Shoe Thieves and the Tacos on Day 73 (August 6), play was interrupted by a Bad Gateway event, prompting an official pause by umpires. Players were then visited by messages from The Peanut, similar to the Blasphemy event above, seemingly chastising players for their greed with new messages.
When games resumed three hours later, the standings reflected that the two teams had 75 total games played by the end of Day 74—one more game than the rest of the league. Fans began to dub the events surrounding the extra, unseen game as The Grand Unslam.
This event had tremendous consequences on the cosmos that were only apparent at the end of the season, such as Spacetime tearing Los Angeles into a single infinite cit(ies), and all now-Unlimited Tacos players experiencing Wyatt Masoning.
The Wyatt Masoning
See the main article on The Wyatt Masoning.
Though ostensibly part of the same phenomena as The Grand Unslam, The Wyatt Masoning refers to an anomaly at the end of Season 3 in which the entire roster of the Unlimited Tacos came to bear the same name: "Wyatt Mason."
Later, during the extended siesta that followed, the league attempted to repair the player's names with the help of fans on Twitter. The end results were mixed at best, with most players still retaining part of the name Wyatt Mason, and others gaining new errors altogether. Despite this, the official tweets remind that "the league bears no liability."
Following the Season 2 election, the following decrees were in place for Season 3:
- Fourth Strike: All Batters on the bottom four teams of the previous Season's standings gain a Fourth Strike. It will take four strikes to strike them out, as opposed to three for every other team. The teams benefitting from a Fourth Strike are the New York Millennials, the Kansas City Breath Mints, the Hellmouth Sunbeams and the San Francisco Lovers.
- Peanuts: Peanuts
|The Good League||Record||The Evil League||Record|
|Lawful Good||Lawful Evil|
|San Francisco Lovers 💋*||59-40||Hades Tigers 🐅*||70-29|
|Dallas Steaks 🥩*||55-44||Philly Pies 🥧*||53-46|
|Kansas City Breath Mints 🍬||49-50||Baltimore Crabs 🦀||44-55|
|Los Angeles Tacos 🌮||38-62||Mexico City Wild Wings 🍗||42-57|
|Chicago Firefighters 🔥||35-64||Hellmouth Sunbeams 🌞||38-61|
|Chaotic Good||Chaotic Evil|
|New York Millennials 📱*||65-34||Canada Moist Talkers 🗣*||53-46|
|Charleston Shoe Thieves 👟*||60-40||Breckenridge Jazz Hands 👐*||50-49|
|Yellowstone Magic ✨||53-46||Houston Spies 🕵||49-50|
|Hawaii Fridays 🏝||48-51||Seattle Garages 🎸||48-51|
|Boston Flowers 🌹||42-57||Miami Dale 🚤||40-59|
* Denotes teams that advanced to the playoffs.
|Round of 8||Round of 4||Internet Series|
|1||New York Millennials||3|
|1||New York Millennials||3|
|3||San Francisco Lovers||1|
|2||Charleston Shoe Thieves||1|
|3||San Francisco Lovers||3|
|New York Millennials||2|
|4||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||2|
|3||Canada Moist Talkers||2|
The two Decrees with the most community votes will go into effect.
|Eat The Rich:||Redistribute the funds from the Top 1% of Fans at the end of each Season|
|Eat the Crust||5 Players from the 2-Time Champion Pies will be reassigned to Random Teams|
|Interviews||GET TO KNOW THE PLAYERS|
|Late Stage||Postseason Bet Payouts increase each round: 2x, 3x, 5x|
|Blaserunning||Stolen Bases are worth 0.1 Runs|
Each blessing will be awarded to a randomly selected player or team based. Votes from a team's fans increase the likelihood of that team receiving a blessing.
|Anticapitalism, Brought To You By Friends At The Table||Your team will become fully anticapitalist.|
|Rigour Mortis||Stiff Limbs. -10% team baserunning to your team's division opponents.|
|Evil Wind Sprints||The Wind can be Evil. Run. +15% Team Baserunning|
|Bloodlust||URRRRRRGGHHHHHH. Maxes the stats of a random player on your team.|
|Highway Robbery||The best player in the league joins your team.|
|Headhunter||The best hitter in your team's subleague (Good or Evil) joins your team.|
|Vulture||The best player in your team's division joins your team.|
|Pretty Plz?||Feed your hitters coffee grounds. Team hitting changes from -5% to +15%|
|Team-Building Exercise||Re-rolls your team's three worst players|
|Summoning Circle||Re-rolls your team's 3 worst hitters|
|Exploratory Surgeries||Re-rolls your team's worst 3 pitchers|
|Performance Enhancing Demons||Mggoka match ng strike fm'latghor. Fm'latgh. +8% Team Overall|
|Pseudo-Thumbs||Pseudo-Thumbs burst from the skin on the opposite of your pitchers' hands. +10% Team Pitching|
|The Rack||[cartilage and bone snapping] +15% Team Defense|
|Exile||Send your team's worst hitter to a random other team. Receive a random player back.|
|Go Away||Send your team's worst pitcher to a random team. Receive a random player back.|
- Interviews passed with 10,914 votes, 33% of all decree votes.
- Eat The Rich passed with 10,883 votes, 33% of all decree votes.
- Each 99%-er received 193 coins from the top 1% of coin-havers.
- So the people have spoken, so it shall continue.
- Bloodlust blessed the Hades Tigers
- Exile blessed the Hades Tigers
- Go Away blessed the Philly Pies
- Evil Wind Sprints blessed the Breckenridge Jazz Hands
- Their baserunning was increased by 15%
- The Jazz Hands won with 1% of the vote. The New York Millennials had 29% of the vote. 14,776 votes were cast.
- Highway Robbery blessed the Breckenridge Jazz Hands
- Summoning Circle blessed the Kansas City Breath Mints
- The Rack blessed the Kansas City Breath Mints
- Their defense was increased by 15%.
- The Breath Mints won with 13% of the vote. The Tigers had 23% of the vote. 14,269 votes were cast.
- Rigour Mortis blessed the Houston Spies
- Pretty Plz? blessed the Seattle Garages
- Their hitting was improved by 3%.
- The Garages won with 4% of the vote. The Magic had 24% of the vote. 11,495 votes were cast.
- Pseudo-Thumbs blessed the Seattle Garages
- Their pitching was improved by 10%.
- The Garages won with 33% of the vote. They were the highest bidders. 18,717 votes were cast.
- Headhunter blessed the Baltimore Crabs
- Anticapitalism, brought to you by Friends at the Table blessed the Unlimited Tacos
- Exploratory Surgeries blessed the Unlimited Tacos
- Wyatt Mason's pitching was randomized from ½ to ½.
- Wyatt Mason's pitching was randomized from ½ to ½.
- Wyatt Mason's pitching was randomized from ½ to 0.
- Note: Yes, the same player was randomized three times and got worse every time.
- The Tacos won with 11% of the vote. The Charleston Shoe Thieves had 25% of the vote. 23,028 votes were cast.
- Vulture blessed the Chicago Firefighters
- Team-Building Exercise blessed the Chicago Firefighters
- Performance Enhancing Demons blessed the Chicago Firefighters
- Their overall attributes were raised by 8%.
- The Firefighters won with 3% of the vote. The Mexico City Wild Wings had 13% of the vote. 18,027 votes were cast.
* Denotes postseason games
When any player is in a match during Peanut weather, there is a chance they will "swallow a stray peanut" and experience a permanent physical reaction, called either an Allergic Reaction or a Yummy Reaction. Known cases of this in Season 3 are listed below.
† Denotes Wyatt Mason prime, as this was before the events of The Wyatt Masoning.