Season 4 began on August 24, 2020. The regular season concluded on August 28, followed by the postseason and 4th Internet Series on August 29. It is the 3rd season of The Discipline Era. Season 4 concluded with the Hades Tigers defeating the New York Millennials to win their second Internet Series championship.
- 1 Notable Events
- 2 Ongoing Decrees
- 3 Standings
- 4 Postseason
- 5 Election Ballot
- 6 Election Results
- 7 Incinerations
- 8 Peanut Reactions
- 9 Feedback Swaps
Drought is the third subtitle of the Discipline Era, appearing after the Season 3 election when the league announced that an extended siesta will delay the start of Season 4. No games took place for two weeks so that the umpires and other league staff could have the opportunity to work on large-scale maintenance and to rest their tired flesh.
Despite the hiatus, The Commissioner still actively communicated with Blaseball fans on behalf of the league. This includes The Unmasoning, an event in which The Commissioner attempted to repair The Wyatt Masoning with the help of fans on Twitter.
Feedback is the fourth subtitle of the Discipline Era, appearing the day prior to Season 4's opening games. This introduced the new weather condition, called feedback, that has a chance of swapping the allegiances of two players on opposing teams.
See the main article on this topic: Blagonballs
During the Extended Siesta preceding Season 4, residents of the Bloodhouse discovered a 5-Blood Blagonball, an artifact of unknown origin and power. On Day 23, Sandie Turner of the New York Millennials discovered the 3-Blood Blagonball during a game against the Charleston Shoe Thieves. Nothing else is currently known about the blagonballs.
The Waveback Event
See the main article on this topic: The Waveback Event
On Day 88 (August 28), Blaseball game servers "experienced a significant loss of data" that forced the Umpires to roll back the state of the game world by approximately eight hours. As The Commissioner asked all fans to "do the wave," a number of repairs occurred behind the scenes, which resulted in most players gaining a large amount of coins and new Hawai'i Fridays player Sixpack Dogwalker being granted the unique bat, Bangers & Smash.
See the main article on this topic: Season 4/Game 99
On the final day of the regular season, the Boston Flowers and Unlimited Tacos played a record-breaking 24-inning, 65 minute game that marked the first known instance of Spillover. Both teams played 21 scoreless innings en route to a 2-1 victory for the Flowers that enthralled fans across the league.
Round 2 Feedback
On Day 108 (August 29), during Round 2, Game 4, between the New York Millennials and the Chicago Firefighters, Feedback was detected in the top of the ninth inning, causing play to stop after Thomas Dracaena hit a ground out to Edric Tosser. When the feed had resumed, the game had already ended in a Millennials victory.
Following the Season 3 election, the following decrees will be in place for Season 4:
- Eat The Rich: Funds from the top 1% of coin-havers will be redistributed to the remainder of Fans at the end of the postseason. This decree will remain in effect indefinitely.
- Interviews: Additional player information is available when clicking their name on the lineup. The Microphone has gained sentience. Additional effects remain to be seen. The appearance of feedback weather may be related to "the microphone lifting."
|The Good League||Record||The Evil League||Record|
|Lawful Good||Lawful Evil|
|Chicago Firefighters 🔥*||61-38||Hades Tigers 🐅*||68-31|
|Dallas Steaks 🥩*||56-43||Philly Pies 🥧*||53-46|
|San Francisco Lovers 💋||49-50||Baltimore Crabs 🦀||52-47|
|Kansas City Breath Mints 🍬||48-51||Mexico City Wild Wings 🍗||43-56|
|Unlimited Tacos 🌮||30-69||Hellmouth Sunbeams 🌞||40-59|
|Chaotic Good||Chaotic Evil|
|New York Millennials 📱*||58-41||Breckenridge Jazz Hands 👐*||58-41|
|Charleston Shoe Thieves 👟*||51-48||Canada Moist Talkers 🗣*||53-46|
|Yellowstone Magic ✨||49-50||Seattle Garages 🎸||49-50|
|Boston Flowers 🌹||44-55||Miami Dale 🚤||47-52|
|Hawai'i Fridays 🏝||44-55||Houston Spies 🕵||37-62|
* Denotes teams that made it to the playoffs.
|Round of 8||Round of 4||Internet Series|
|4||Charleston Shoe Thieves||1|
|2||New York Millennials||3|
|2||New York Millennials||3|
|New York Millennials||0|
|4||Canada Moist Talkers||2|
|2||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||0|
|2||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||3|
The two Decrees with the most community votes will go into effect.
|Alternate Reality||Randomize the stats of one hitter and one pitcher on every team.|
|Tame The Tigers||Five Players from the Hades Tigers will be Randomly Distributed throughout the League.|
|Targeted Shame||The Top 4 Teams will be punished with Targeted Shame next season. When they're shamed, they'll start the next game with negative runs equal to their shame.|
|Home Field Advantage||The Bottom 4 Teams will gain Home Field Advantage for next season. They'll start each of their homes games with 1 run.|
|The Fourth Strike||The Bottom 4 Teams from each Season will gain the Fourth Strike for the next Season. It will take four strikes to strike out any of their batters.|
Each blessing will be awarded to a randomly selected player or team. Votes from a team's fans increase the likelihood of that team receiving a blessing. Season 4 offered the most blessings to date, with 16 in total.
|Solidarity||Improve your Team's Max Vibes by 15%|
|Keeping it Wavy, Presented by Friends at the Table||Improve your Team's Min Vibes by 15%|
|Getting in Their Heads (Literally)||Impair your Division opponents' Max Vibes by 7%|
|Questioning Their Every Decision||Just asking questions. Impair your Division opponents' Min Vibes by 7%|
|Precognition||Vision of things to come. Improve 3 random hitters on your team by one Star (20%)|
|Extra Elbows||Improve 3 random pitchers on your team by one Star (20%)|
|Summoning Circle||Re-rolls your team's 3 worst hitters|
|Exploratory Surgeries||Re-rolls your team's 3 worst pitchers|
|The Best Defense||Is good offense. Swap your best hitting pitcher into your lineup.|
|The Best Offense||Is good defense. Swap your best pitching hitter into your rotation.|
|Mutual Aid||Praxis. Swap the positions of your worst hitter and worst pitcher.|
|Non-Dominant Arms||Maybe try throwing with the other one? Team pitching changes anywhere from -5% to +15%|
|Grappling Hook||Item. A random player on your team gets improved Baserunning and Defense.|
|Mushroom||Item. A random player on your team becomes BIG. Increased Power, Max Vibe. Decreased Baserunning.|
|Evil Wind Sprints||The Wind can be Evil. Run. +15% Team Baserunning|
|The Rack||[cartilage and bone snapping] +15% Team Defense|
- Targeted Shame passed with 72,209 votes and 32% of all decree votes.
- Alternate Reality passed with 52,343 votes and 23% of all decree votes.
- The Alternates are called.
- They take their places.
- Reverberations build...
- Solidarity blessed the Hades Tigers.
- Improved the Hades Tigers' max vibes by 15%
- The Tigers had 6% of the vote. The Hellmouth Sunbeams had 21% of the vote. 33,173 votes were cast.
- The Best Offense blessed the Philly Pies.
- Questioning Their Every Decision blessed the Canada Moist Talkers.
- Impaired the minimum vibes of the Houston Spies by 7%
- Impaired the minimum vibes of the Miami Dale by 7%
- Impaired the minimum vibes of the Seattle Garages by 7%
- Impaired the minimum vibes of the Breckenridge Jazz Hands by 7%
- The Moist Talkers had 8% of the vote. The Baltimore Crabs had 14% of the vote. 3,660 votes were cast.
- The Best Defense blessed the Baltimore Crabs.
- Mutual Aid blessed the Baltimore Crabs.
- Grappling Hook blessed the Charleston Shoe Thieves.
- Extra Elbows blessed the San Francisco Lovers.
- Non-Dominant Arms blessed the Kansas City Breath Mints.
- Improved the Kansas City Breath Mints' pitching by 13%
- The Breath Mints had 6% of the vote. The Seattle Garages had 21% of the vote. 14,447 votes were cast.
- Evil Wind Spirits blessed the Miami Dale.
- Improved the Miami Dale's baserunning by 15%
- The Dale had 0% of the vote. The New York Millennials had 46% of the vote. 87,308 votes were cast.
- Getting in Their Heads (Literally) blessed the Boston Flowers.
- Impaired the Charleston Shoe Thieves's maximum vibes by 7%
- Impaired the Hawai'i Fridays's maximum vibes by 7%
- Impaired the Yellowstone Magic's maximum vibes by 7%
- Impaired the New York Millennials's maximum vibes by 7%
- The Flowers had 17% of the vote and were the highest bidders. 4,965 votes were cast.
- Exploratory Surgeries blessed the Boston Flowers.
- Randomized the stats for the Boston Flowers's worst pitcher, Chambers Simmons, from zero stars to ★
- Randomized the stats for the Boston Flowers's worst pitcher, Chambers Simmons, from ★ to ★½
- Randomized the stats for the Boston Flowers's worst pitcher, Dunn Keyes, from ★½ to ★
- The Flowers had 5% of the vote. The Charleston Shoe Thieves had 29% of the vote. 114,557 votes were cast.
- Keeping It Wavy, presented by Friends at the Table blessed the Hawai'i Fridays.
- Improved the Hawai'i Fridays' minimum vibes by 15%
- The Fridays had 20% of the vote and were the highest bidders. 59,501 votes were cast.
- The Rack blessed the Hawai'i Fridays.
- Improved the Hawai'i Fridays' defense by 15%
- The Fridays had 2% of the vote. The Baltimore Crabs had 29% of the vote. 99,281 votes were cast.
- Mushroom blessed the Mexico City Wild Wings.
- Precognition blessed the Hellmouth Sunbeams.
- Summoning Circle blessed the Houston Spies.
- Randomized the stats for the Houston Spies's worst hitter, Marco Escobar, from ★½ to ★½
- Randomized the stats for the Houston Spies's worst hitter, Marco Escobar, from ★½ to ★
- Randomized the stats for the Houston Spies's worst hitter, Marco Escobar, from ★ to ★★★
- The Spies had 4% of the votes. The Unlimited Tacos had 29% of the vote. 70,754 votes were cast.
Alternate Reality randomized the stats of one pitcher and one batter on each team.
|Whit Steakknife||Kansas City Breath Mints||Day 14||Stew Briggs||San Francisco Lovers|
|Stevenson Monstera||Dallas Steaks||Day 50||Combs Estes||Unlimited Tacos|
|Eduardo Ingram||Kansas City Breath Mints||Day 55||Lenny Spruce||Unlimited Tacos|
|Matheo Carpenter||Boston Flowers||Day 59||Gloria Bugsnax||Charleston Shoe Thieves|
|Combs Duende||Baltimore Crabs||Day 63||Finn James||Hades Tigers|
|Thomas England||Hawai'i Fridays||Day 86||Sixpack Dogwalker||Kansas City Breath Mints|
|Morrow Doyle||Boston Flowers||Day 98||Inez Owens||Unlimited Tacos|
When any player is in a match during Peanut weather, there is a chance they will "swallow a stray peanut" and experience a permanent physical reaction, called either an Allergic Reaction or a Yummy Reaction. Known cases of this in Season 4 are listed below.
|Jessica Telephone||Hades Tigers||Day 13||Hellmouth Sunbeams||Yummy|
|Basilio Fig||Hawai'i Fridays||Day 24||Yellowstone Magic||Allergic|
When any player is in a match during Feedback weather, there is a chance reality will "flicker in the feedback" and two players will permanently swap team membership. Known cases of this in Season 4 are listed below.
|Player A||Former Team A||Player B||Former Team B||Date|
|Paula Mason||Chicago Firefighters||Thomas Kirby||Dallas Steaks||Day 4|
|Alyssa Harrell||New York Millennials||Penelope Mathews||Yellowstone Magic||Day 15|
|Tot Fox||Breckenridge Jazz Hands||Valentine Games||Baltimore Crabs||Day 25|
|Workman Gloom||Charleston Shoe Thieves||Joe Voorhees||Canada Moist Talkers||Day 28|
|Farrell Seagull||Miami Dale||Avila Guzman||Seattle Garages||Day 36|
|Yeong-Ho Benitez||Houston Spies||Morrow Wilson||Philly Pies||Day 37|
|Jessica Telephone||Hades Tigers||Spears Taylor||Philly Pies||Day 43|
|Moses Mason||Unlimited Tacos||Vito Kravitz||Boston Flowers||Day 54|
|Morrow Doyle||Charleston Shoe Thieves||Hotbox Sato||Boston Flowers||Day 58|
|Baldwin Breadwinner||Unlimited Tacos||Basilio Fig||Hawai'i Fridays||Day 82|
|Ren Hunter||Charleston Shoe Thieves||Richardson Games||New York Millennials||Day 83|
- Note that the Season 4's Fourth Strike applies "each Season" instead of Season 2's Fourth Strike which applies "for the following Season."
- Game Log. Blaseball.com.